Mexico has always been one of the major destinations for tourists from across the World. It is the dominant country of North America that helps in the growth of foreign trade and economy. Let’s read along with some interesting facts about the country and get to know it in detail:
General facts about Mexico
- The original name of Mexico is the United Mexican States.
- It is the 11th populated city of America and has 117 million residents.
- Mexico has 31 states and is also the 4th largest country.
- There are more than 30 heritage sites to visit in the country.
- The place was inhabited by humans from more than 23000 years back and has been a part of the Stone Age revolution.
- Spanish is the national language of the country, and its symbol is the golden eagle.
Facts related to tourist interest
- The country is considered as the home of butterflies as millions of them migrate here during the migration season.
- The whole country is built on the ruins of Aztec temples and thus has great importance in the Christian religion.
- Mexico is sinking in the ground and is believed to have a life of only the next 100 years.
- It has the maximum number of Roman Catholics in the World
- Mexico has the highest and most active volcano in the World as it is also called the ring of fire
- The volcano rabbit is found only in Mexico.
- Texas was a part of Mexico but later was declared as a free state.
- It is the only country to share the maritime borders with Cuba.
- The most intelligent tribe known as the Mayans had their headquarters in the country and made a lot of discoveries and has left a great treasure of knowledge for the generations to come.
- Mexicans are considered to be the most dedicated people who are always ready to work and are very hard working. They believe in doing the task in the best possible way with efficiency to its best.
- It is one of the significant members of the NAFTA revolution.
Food facts about Mexico
- The food of Mexico is known for its texture, color, and flavor along with the use of aromatic spices.
- The land was the birth giver to hot chocolate, which is also considered as the drink of God here and is only served to the essential guests.
- Mexico has given the world one of the finest drinks known as tequila.
Political facts about Mexico
- The Spanish ruled Mexico for 300 years, and thus the place has a considerable resemblance with the Spanish culture.
- This country is also own as the father of chocolates and chilies.
- Women in Mexico are not very independent and are always considered as lower grades than males.
- Mexico has the colossal pyramid and is also home to the historical monuments built in that era
- The country also has Chichen Itza which is the seventh wonder of the World.
- Mexico is also known for the Avocado fields, and the maximum amount of Avocados is grown in the country.
- There have been a lot of crises related to finance, and Mexico is also considered as an impoverished nation due to many families living an impoverished life.
- More than 50 languages are spoken in the country because of the people who have immigrated to the country from all parts of the World.
- Mexico is also the home of the Caucasian Europeans, Canadians, and Americans.
- Bullfighting was the most famous sport played in the country, and many people lost their lives and were considered to be sacrificing their lives for the betterment of humanity.
- Mexicans used to play the game of chess in which the winning team killed the losing team members.
- There have been a lot of stories of human sacrifice, and the citizens also still believe that the sacrifice of their life will free them from all kinds of sins.
Miscellaneous facts about Mexico
- The country earns its living with the tourism industry. A large number of visitors visit the place for its rich culture and extensive history.
- There are a lot of small and big Spanish colonies in the country.
- Mexico supports the LGBT community and also carries on a large number of gay and lesbian parades all over the year.
- The country is own for the cab services and is one of the largest business managers of the cab services.
- The president of Mexico who was 34th on the list rules only for an hour.
- People here love to play football, and the country has also hosted a world cup for the same twice.
- The smallest dog of the World Chihuahua is named after a city in Mexico.
- The border that crosses from America and Mexico is also the most significant border of the World.
Lifestyle facts about Mexico
- Mexico is also known for several crimes and smuggling of drugs and arms and ammunition.
- There has been a lot of agreement s between the US and Mexico related to the same, but there has been no improvement, and thus the conflicts between America and Mexico are always on a verge.
- People of Mexico are family oriented and love to keep their near and dear ones very close. The country still follows the joint family culture, and many generations live together in a considerable home.
- Mexicans love to host parties at their home, and it is considered as an auspicious thing to keep their guests happy and thus spend a fortune to offer them with delicious food and wine.
- Great importance is given to the elders in the family, and the kids are given a lot of love. Mexican people love to exchange gifts, and this gifting is done at a very high range.
- They do not exchange gifts on Christmas but buy expensive gifts for the entire family on the Mexican New Year and celebrate it with a huge hue and cry.
- The kids in the country are well behaved and are taught to carry their culture strictly without any flaws to live a happy and healthy life.
- Mexican people are not very friendly and are also considered as rude and ill-mannered.
You can find a large number of Spanish people in the country.